Monday

eye kande | Hollywood beauty secrets

Enjoy these past and present Hollywood secrets:

“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joan Crawford chewed gum to firm up her jawline.


Catherine Zeta-Jones eats strawberries to lighten her teeth (the malic acid lightens surface stains).


Gloria Grahame stuffed tissue under her upper lip to give herself a sensuous pout.



Demi Moore washes her hair with Evian water. She reportedly spends $36,000 a year for this beauty routine. Evian water has calcium, magnesium, bicarbonates, and silica.



Barbara Stanwyck pulled loose skin back using surgical tape hidden under the hairline above the ears.


Angelina Jolie is obsessed with body lotion. "I love to put on a lotion. Sometimes I'll watch TV and go into a lotion trance for an hour. I try to find brands that don't taste bad in case someone wants to tast me."

Angelina's favorite lotions are Shea Terra Nubian Honey Shower Creme ($9) and Shea Butter Body Lotion ($12) which both contact Africa-harvested ingredients. Fifty cents of each bottle sold goes to the Nubian Goat Project which purchases goats for needy Ethiopian families.


Carole Lombard shaded her cleavage lines and lightened the top part of her breasts to make them appear larger.


Marilyn Monroe painted her fingernails with clear polish "to make them whisper hold me, hold me" but painted her toenails bright red saying, "I think feet usually aren't pretty, so I use a vivid polish so that they will look saucy."



 
What beauty secret do you swear by?

2 comments:

  1. I put sunscreen on my hands every day. Or night cream, or whatever. Basically, whatever is going on my face to save it from aging, is immediately going on my hands. I think your hands are a true "tell" of your age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip Tara!
    We get so focused on our face that sometimes we forget things that our tell-tell signs of age like hands, neck and your decolletage.

    Here's to your ageless hands.

    xoxo - kande

    ReplyDelete